Packing could arguably be voted as the most difficult portion of normal trip preparation. Packing during a trip, often becomes even more of a headache since we tend to accumulate additional belongings as we move. Never mind that for women, what is an annoying hurdle for most travelers, becomes an even less enjoyable activity — as we females all too often require more belongings than the average man.
- Tieks fold up into themselves, becoming small enough in their compact state to be carried in a woman’s purse, shoved into a carry-on or even taken off on long-haul flights to be stored in a seat pocket.
- Each pair of shoes comes with it’s own carrying bag that enables them to be further compacted in luggage or simply kept separate from dirty laundry or wet clothes or other elements which could damage the shoes and cause them to wear down more expeditiously.
- Tieks also come with pants-hemming clips that allow you to wear the same pants as you would with your heels. No need to own two pairs of pants in varying inseams!
- The shoes are designed to be very fashion forward, a feat they achieve, looking smart and enabling the wearer to be put together and comfortable without sacrificing style.
- Tieks are a very comfortable shoe that supports the insole and features minimal fabric, straps or details that could irritate the wearer. In fact, they’re so comfortable, if chosen in the right style and color they could suffice as the only flat shoe a traveler needs to pack! [Depending on just how fashion forward you need to be, of course! I’m planning a two-month tour of Europe myself, with my leopard print Tieks as the only flat shoes I pack.]
- Each shoe is made with the highest quality Italian leather, ensuring that — even worn daily — they will last; making them the perfect flat but dressy shoe for an RTW traveler? They just might be.
This diagram perfectly illustrates some of the best features of the shoe:
The way I see it, these shoes were created for the career woman who needs a stylish, flat alternative to her 9-to-5 heeled shoe. You can keep them in your purse all day, compact in their carrying bag, ready to change into when you’re catching a cab home or riding the subway. But as a nearly full time traveler myself — I can attest to the fact that these shoes fit my needs just as well. You’ll have to, as the cliché goes: pry them out of my cold, dead hands. Also, I have to give props to any company that offers, as the standard, free USPS Priority Mail shipping for all U.S. orders. Tieks range in price from $165-$295 and are available to order online.